Don Converse

Don Converse

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In Service to Family

Dear Readers,

In the last few months I took a vacation from writing this blog.  I am sorry to anyone who tuned in to read the latest post and saw nothing new.  Since my last post, shortly after the San Diego 2007 firestorms, my life has changed.  Don't get me wrong,  I am still very passionate about customer service, but now that I am no longer a single man, I look at each day as an opportunity to service my family as well as the strangers I have always served in the past.

Life is short ladies and gentlemen.  I wish that we could all treat each other with compassion and consideration - in service to each other.  However, I have learned that family (spouses in particular) come first.  I have made many mistakes concerning my family members in the past and I vow to never make those mistakes again.  My campaign to make the world a better place to live through better service to each other will never end, but my priorities have been shaken and now permanently re-arranged.  I now look at life through two pairs of eyes - and it looks great!  These are of course the words of a man in love.  In love with my wife and now with my life. 

Please stay tuned.  I am re-inspired!  Thanks for reading.

Don

2 comments:

Lady of the Latte said...

Welcome back!
I am very glad you are writing and serving the greater community once again.

I am proud to be that spouse of whom you wrote and happy to stand beside you on your quest and our journey of love/life together.

And hopefully, your readers don't think this is too mushy-gushy that we write each other cyber love notes. Good thing they can't see the ones we don't post.
: )

xxx
Your biggest fan

Anonymous said...

Hey CS Guy,


I have a different customer service gripe. I have been in the market for a new job and playing the online electronic job applying game. Nowadays, you submit a resume (and maybe a cover letter)via e-mail or on a website. Ok, such as it is.

However, rarely do I ever hear back from any of the companies that they have even received my application or resume.

With the advent of electronic HR, one would think that the companies would have installed an automatic response to the sender that the material has been received; or at the very least, a form letter to say ..." your application/resume has been successfully received. If we are interested someone will contact you..etc."

It would be such a kind thing to do as well as professional courtesy of sorts.

Why do you feel this is so ignored? And what can we do about it?

thanks
and welcome back.

Rat2