Don Converse

Don Converse

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Do you recall NO CALL?

What ever happened to the telemarketing NO CALL LIST? As many of you have done, I also registered all my phone numbers with the "NO CALL" list the year it came out and my unwanted telemarketing calls nearly ceased for a couple of years. Recently, I have been getting as many telemarketing calls as I did before I registered my phone numbers! I said to one caller, "I am on the no call list. Why are you calling me?" He said, "When you signed up as a customer for our service, you also consented to hearing any new offers we have." I told the caller in no uncertain terms that if they did not take me off their call list that I would cancel my service immediately. He hung up before I could even finish my sentence. Very frustrating.

I don't know about you, but I consider this just another form of lousy customer service.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

DJC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A dog whistle? Just kidding... those whistles can be pretty harsh on callers' ears.

I am open to any suggestions you have. We look to YOU to make these things change. Can you start an internet campaign? A petition?

Even screening calls doesn't solve this annoyance.

Rat 2